Forecast for the Future

"Every individual without exception bears a potential writer within himself. The reason is that everyone has trouble accepting the fact that he will disappear unheard of and unnoticed in an indifferent universe, and everyone wants to make himself into a universe of words before it's too late. 

Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not that far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and lack of understanding."

- Milan Kundera, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yeah, Umm, Sleep Or Something

So last week's attempt at going to bed early was pretty much a FAIL. I basically never adhered to the guidelines I'd attempted to follow, and worse, specially stayed up WAAY late half the nights.

The only positive developing so far has been, hilariously, the past two Friday nights, where I've gone to bed around 2--laughably early for a weekend night for me--so that I could wake up at 7:30 Saturday morning to go biking. Last Saturday I got up and biked 60 miles and today I biked about 45 and I'm feeling pretty good about both the exercise as well as the acknowledgment to myself that I really do need the rest if I'm gonna get up so early. This point may seem like an obvious one, but, for example, I did last year's 68 mile Montauk ride on about 90 minutes sleep... so really, no point is to obvious to make for me.

Maybe I just need to work backwards--start limiting myself and going to bed earlier on the weekends and THEN the week will follow.

Digg this

No comments:

Hyperliving Google Calendar, Click + to Subscribe