Forecast for the Future

"Every individual without exception bears a potential writer within himself. The reason is that everyone has trouble accepting the fact that he will disappear unheard of and unnoticed in an indifferent universe, and everyone wants to make himself into a universe of words before it's too late. 

Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not that far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and lack of understanding."

- Milan Kundera, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Monday, April 21, 2008

Week 15, Day 7 Veganism: Wrap-up


Could hardly wait until Sunday rolled around and I'd be able to eat this bacon...

Saturday wrapped up my week of veganism, and it went by relatively painlessly. I woke up around 10 and leisurely floated around the house, drinking coffee (with soymilk) and reading the Wall Street Journal outside in the backyard. At noon, I took the upstairs dog with me to McCarren Park and fetched my old furry friend from her own home and walked the two of them around the park before decamping in their demarcated dogzone for some play time.

I stayed at the park for about 90 minutes before good friend M Jaffée came by to say hello and request my involvement in soliciting a pickup basketball game, at which pointed I headed home and wrote this brief blog post about sunshine and dogs and basketball. Basketball was great, and I brought the two dogs with my and chained them to the fence to watch the game, though Weegee spent most of the time booing my poor play.

This is pretty much all I ate on Saturday, coupled with a few beers:

DINNER

- Tao Hu Hor, from Cheer's Thai. Bean curd skin topped with mushroom bambooshoots, basil sauce and spinach. Basically, this was the single gross/terrible thing I ate all week.

- Amazing vegan cupcake from DPC






I wish I could say that I felt like all I wanted to eat is tofu... but I went to bed that night dreaming of the bacon I would eat the next day.

Digg this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well well well. looks like i'm too late to leave you a mean recipe or two. damn. can it actually be that the last time i saw you i still ate meat? that's a long damn time sir.

hope yer tennesee bacon was good. enjoyed reading along the ride.

Nihilist Loves Hate, Hates Everything said...

tennessee bacon.... mmmm...

never too late for recipes though. i have tofu in the fridge to make for dinner tonight, so i'm open ears.

Hyperliving Google Calendar, Click + to Subscribe