Forecast for the Future

"Every individual without exception bears a potential writer within himself. The reason is that everyone has trouble accepting the fact that he will disappear unheard of and unnoticed in an indifferent universe, and everyone wants to make himself into a universe of words before it's too late. 

Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not that far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and lack of understanding."

- Milan Kundera, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week 15, Day 5 Veganism: Revisiting Old Favorites

Thursday, in brief:

BREAKFAST

- Coffee, with soymilk (starting to get used to this stuff I think)

LUNCH

- Leftover Asparagus/Red Quinoa from previous night



DINNER

Dad and stepmom were in town for a night on their way home from a trip to D.C. and Gettyburg and we went to get Thai food at Cheer's, the Thai food restaurant next door.



In the 3.5 years that I have lived in Williamsburg, I have almost definitely eaten from Cheer's over 100 times, making my way through most all of the items on the menu. There are still a few though which I've never tried.

My stepmom tried to stay on my vegan train by ordering garlic tofu, and my dad got tom yum soup and a chicken dish. I ordered spring rolls and tofu pad thai, though I later realized halfway through the pad thai that it probably wasn't vegan at all--small pieces of egg in it. I tried to avoid eating all the eggs but I hope that there wasn't anything else "not ok" in this dish and that I didn't push the rules too badly. Feel free and call me out here if you think I fucked up really badly.


Cheer's backyard garden area


Stepmom and Dad


Fried spring rolls, yum.


Tom Yum soup, which I couldn't eat


Stepmom's Garlic Tofu


Dad's chicken dish (can't remember which it was)


My tofu pad thai

POST-DINNER / EVENING



After Dad and stepmom went to sleep, Doorknobs and I went out to catch the inaugural weekly party at Hangar Bar being thrown by friends Evan C and Cameron.


Campsleaze mans the decks

I brought the camera along in hopes of getting some further tips from Ben D, who would be there as well. Since the light inside was so low, he recommended that I use that evening as a chance to begin experimenting with black and white since I'd have to use my flash. He showed me how to set the camera to black and white and manually input some settings adjustments to tailor the results, and then walked me through techniques and methods of getting the best results while minimizing excessive flash glow.

I took many photos, and here's three of them, only two of which I like and are focused properly:


Ben D to Doorknobs: "I even pretty much did everything for him and look, he still isn't getting it right."


If I didn't know these three, I'd be certain something else was taking place than what actually was.


This is the look I get when it's time to go home.

Digg this

No comments:

Hyperliving Google Calendar, Click + to Subscribe