Forecast for the Future

"Every individual without exception bears a potential writer within himself. The reason is that everyone has trouble accepting the fact that he will disappear unheard of and unnoticed in an indifferent universe, and everyone wants to make himself into a universe of words before it's too late. 

Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not that far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and lack of understanding."

- Milan Kundera, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Friday, January 11, 2008

Who is Jeffrey Beaumont? / Manifesto, Pt. 4

A number have folks have been wondering either "Who is Jeffrey Beaumont?" or "Why do you write under that retarded pseudonym, dude?"

Allow me to explain. My real name, if you didn't already know, is Benjamin Scheim. I was born in Oneonta, NY, in 1982. In April 1990, I fell in love with the creepy dreams of a man named David Lynch. The rest is history.



Top: Kyle MacLachlan as Jeffrey Beaumont
Bottom: Benjamin Scheim as Jeffrey Beaumont


Jeffrey Beaumont is the pen name that I have written under for many years now. I, like Dennis Coles aka the Ghostface Killah when referring to himself as Iron Man, do not mean to suggest that I think of myself as Jeffrey Beaumont or as a character within a David Lynch movie. It's just a name, a name that I like and which holds meaning to me, and writing as Jeffrey Beaumont is a way for me to reflect upon how we are able to go in and out of ourselves.

And so for the sake of James Frey and "corporate governance", my nearly translucent mask is removed.

Digg this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH.....
Now i get it after all these years, i just thought you were a little nuts...

Hyperliving Google Calendar, Click + to Subscribe