Forecast for the Future

"Every individual without exception bears a potential writer within himself. The reason is that everyone has trouble accepting the fact that he will disappear unheard of and unnoticed in an indifferent universe, and everyone wants to make himself into a universe of words before it's too late. 

Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not that far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and lack of understanding."

- Milan Kundera, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week 4, Day 1: SILENCIO



The week of silence begins. I only woke up 30 minutes ago and already I feel like I'm about to chew off my own leg. My upstairs neighbor (who reminded me earlier that it's neat that I posted my harpsichord mix yesterday because today is Mozart's birthday) is playing music loudly right now in an effort to taunt me. I also realized late last night that, after making plans for today to finally go see the Bob Dylan movie I'm Not There, I must now change them and see something else--I've been waiting forever to see this film but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

I am not entirely sure in what ways I will feel the impact of this week's task on my day-to-day living, but I suspect that going about my days without music is going to touch me in ways that will surprise.

Two things I do aim to accomplish over this week though is 1) a lot of writing (including going back and filling out some details on the mixes I posted this week) and 2) catching up on desperately needed sleep. The latter of these has really been affecting me as the combination of living, hyperliving, and blogging about living and hyperliving has been leaving me with only two to four hours of rest a night. It got to the point where last night while at a bar with friends, another friend slapped me across the face after I fell asleep while talking to him. Granted, it was 2:30 a.m. but still, I do not generally fall asleep while having conversations in public places.


Seriously, I fell asleep in the fucking bar.

So yes, rest and writing. Think it will be good.

-J

Digg this

2 comments:

E-BAD said...

Ummmm... we've been trying to be good. But Lady London said she didn't know who the Velvet Underground were. Twas an emergency.

Anonymous said...

NO HAY BANDA!

Hyperliving Google Calendar, Click + to Subscribe