Forecast for the Future

"Every individual without exception bears a potential writer within himself. The reason is that everyone has trouble accepting the fact that he will disappear unheard of and unnoticed in an indifferent universe, and everyone wants to make himself into a universe of words before it's too late. 

Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not that far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and lack of understanding."

- Milan Kundera, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Looking Backwards: ENO MIX alteration.

Hi all--now that I am listening to tunes again I've been able to go back to some of the music I put together for everyone last week and, of course, my obsessive compulsive attention to sonic detail is taking hold of me once again.

You may remember that Day 5's mix of Week 3 was my Brian Eno popmix. I went on at length about the degree I am obsessed with this motherfucker and how much I love his tunes. I have to say though that upon further reflection, I feel absolutely compelled to post a "correction" to the tracklisting of the mix I posted:

Please revert the order of the first two Songs (after Windows 95), "Needle In the Camel's Eye" and "Burning Airlines" so that "Needle" comes second and "Burning" is third.


When constructing this mix I went back and forth about which of these two songs should come first and though it seemed to make more sense to go with "Needle" first, I decided to go all contrarian and start with "Burning". I realize now I was wrong. So please, to satisfy my insanity, to us all a favor and edit the track number for each into the proper order.

If you haven't already, you can download the (improperly ordered) mix here.

love,
Jeffrey

Digg this

No comments:

Hyperliving Google Calendar, Click + to Subscribe