Forecast for the Future

"Every individual without exception bears a potential writer within himself. The reason is that everyone has trouble accepting the fact that he will disappear unheard of and unnoticed in an indifferent universe, and everyone wants to make himself into a universe of words before it's too late. 

Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not that far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and lack of understanding."

- Milan Kundera, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Umm..

As Todd said to me today, Bike Week was the worst week of Hyperliving so far because it's totally killed what I've done since then. I have to wake up in three and a half hours for a 65 mile bike ride I'm taking tomorrow to Montauk. I think only of bikes.

I have scraps of paper with stuff i've written about friends on my desk and photos of them to post. Tomorrow begins meditation week. I feel like this ride is going to be the ultimate sort of meditative exercise for a man whose brain travels only at speeds of 70-120mph. We'll see. I'll try and photog as much as i can and rejoin you soon.

love,
JB

Digg this

No comments:

Hyperliving Google Calendar, Click + to Subscribe