Forecast for the Future

"Every individual without exception bears a potential writer within himself. The reason is that everyone has trouble accepting the fact that he will disappear unheard of and unnoticed in an indifferent universe, and everyone wants to make himself into a universe of words before it's too late. 

Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not that far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and lack of understanding."

- Milan Kundera, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Week 11, Day 6: Early Weekend Nights

The official Night 6 Sleep Report
--Went to bed: 12:31 pm
--Sleep music: Leonard Cohen, Songs from A Room
--Fell asleep: approx. 1:03 am
--First wakeup: 2:08 am
--Subsequent wakeups: 5:16 am, a few more non-identified times
--Out of bed/wide-awake: 9:21 am
--Total sleep period (counting brief wake-ups): 8 hrs, 18 min

Planned to go to sleep at midnight but stayed up a little later than that. Went out earlier for a birthday party but came home in time to turn into a pumpkin.

I was surprised how tired I felt all day considering how much rest I've gotten this week, and the few beers I had in the evening turned me into a slow-moving slime creature. Of course, I've been going to bed between 3-6 am on weekends for the past few months, so going to bed at 12:30 (asleep by 1) meant I had a full 8 hours of sleep even waking up at 9:20. Which I guess is good so i can "seize the day" today, though it honestly feels a little ridiculous too... but then, part of the reason I've done this project at all is that I wasn't even sleeping on weekends before (still waking up at 9 or 10 am even if going to bed at 6).

One more night of subjugated sleep (if I don't take tonight off) and then I get to see how well my "lessons learned" this week work out in the days and weeks going forward.

Digg this

No comments:

Hyperliving Google Calendar, Click + to Subscribe