Forecast for the Future

"Every individual without exception bears a potential writer within himself. The reason is that everyone has trouble accepting the fact that he will disappear unheard of and unnoticed in an indifferent universe, and everyone wants to make himself into a universe of words before it's too late. 

Once the writer in every individual comes to life (and that time is not that far off), we are in for an age of universal deafness and lack of understanding."

- Milan Kundera, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blue Album Group Redux

I spoke at length a few weeks ago about the greatness of the Blue Album Group's efforts at rechanneling lost glory of the 90s and the end of innocence. My posts offered some words and photos, but I am in upstate NY right now and having visions of a past I'd nearly forgotten... and so I thought I'd post two video clips from the two final Blue Album Group shows, the former from last Friday's show at Trash Bar and the latter from the Glasslands show I saw on April 4:

Blue Album Group - My Name is Jonas (Live at Trash 4/25/08) from Lawrence Scaduto on Vimeo.


Blue Album Group - Buddy Holly from Lawrence Scaduto on Vimeo.

Digg this

No comments:

Hyperliving Google Calendar, Click + to Subscribe